It goes without saying that minimising the risk of infection is everyone’s priority and the Neal’s Yard Therapy Rooms have now put into place many steps within the clinic in order to provide a safe and Covid-secure space.
As always, as a health professional, I also follow the hygiene and safety guidelines issued by my professional body, the British Acupuncture Council.
The following are some of the precautions we are now observing:
- I, and all other practitioners as well as the reception staff, will be wearing a face mask at all times. There is also a Perspex screen at the reception counter providing extra protection.
- Please wear a face mask (unless you are medically exempt) on arrival at the Therapy Rooms and whilst you are in the building (including during the treatment).
- To minimise contact with other patients, please arrive as close to your appointment time as possible. I will meet you in the reception area and take you to the treatment room, maintaining the social distancing. Other than in exceptional circumstances, the waiting area will not be used anymore, as maintaining social distancing would not be possible there.
- As you arrive, your temperature will be checked with a non-contact thermometer. Please note that if your temperature is above 37.5˚C, you will not be allowed to enter the building.
- There are hand sanitisers at reception and throughout the building, so please sanitise your hands when you arrive, and then again as you enter the treatment room.
- Please bring your own water, as the water fountain has been temporarily removed from reception and there will be no herbal tea offered.
- New room cleaning procedures have been put in place and appointment times have been adjusted to allow for cleaning and ventilation of the treatment room between appointments and to minimise contact between patients. All soft furnishings in the clinic have now been removed and replaced with either disposable or wipeable surfaces to ensure all items and surfaces can be disinfected between treatments.
- Please do not attend your appointment if you have had a positive Covid test or come into contact with someone who has, or if you are isolating, or experiencing any of the following symptoms: high temperature, new continuous cough or loss of taste or smell. Please let the reception know if that is the case.
Also, it is generally not recommended that you have a treatment within three days of being vaccinated (whether it’s Covid, flu or any other vaccine).
- Please note that we no longer take cash payments. Card/contactless payments can be taken at the reception or over the phone at the time of booking the appointment.
Before your appointment, I will be sending out a short questionnaire and consent form for you to complete, sign and bring with you to the appointment.
I really appreciate your understanding and patience with all these new measures. They might seem quite overwhelming at first, but once the treatment begins, you will find yourself in a familiar, relaxing and safe place again.
If you have any questions about any of the above or would like to have a chat before booking an appointment, please feel free to contact me.